Here are a few steps you can follow to clean your washer and dryer:
- Clean the exterior: Wipe down the exterior of the washer and dryer with a soft, damp cloth to remove any dirt or debris.
- Clean the drum: To clean the drum of the washer, run an empty load using hot water and a commercial washing machine cleaner. To clean the drum of the dryer, use a dryer cleaning kit or a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar to wipe down the inside of the drum.
- Clean the lint screen: To clean the lint screen of the dryer, remove it from the dryer and gently brush away any lint or debris. Rinse the screen with water and allow it to dry before replacing it.
- Clean the door seal: To clean the door seal of the washer or dryer, use a soft, damp cloth to wipe away any dirt or debris. Be sure to dry the seal thoroughly after cleaning to prevent mold or mildew from forming.
- Clean the detergent dispenser: To clean the detergent dispenser of the washer, remove it from the washer and rinse it thoroughly with water. To clean the fabric softener dispenser of the dryer, remove it and soak it in a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar before rinsing it thoroughly.
It is a good idea to clean your washer and dryer every few months to help ensure that they are working efficiently and to prevent the build-up of dirt and debris.